The Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial System was initiated by the United Nations Environment Programme to advance options to align the financial system with sustainable development. ‘Making Waves: Aligning the Financial System with Sustainable Development’ is its final, global report.
This report reviews the Inquiry’s core analysis, summarizes progress made in aligning the financial system with sustainable development between 2014 and 2017, reflects on the lessons that can be learned from the Inquiry’s approach, and highlights what still needs to be done and what success could look like. It finds real signs that a shift to a sustainable financial system is well under way.
Related Inquiry Publications
- The Financial System We Need: From Momentum to Transformation
- 3rd Update Report: Pathways to Scale
- Fintech and Sustainable Development – Assessing the Implications
- Aligning the Financial System with Sustainable Development in the United States of America
- Establishing China’s Green Financial System: Progress Report