Scaling Citizen Action on Climate: ANT Financial’s Efforts Towards a Digital Finance Solution
This report shows that almost half of Ant Financial Services Group’s 450 million users signed up to Ant Forest, an app that gamifies carbon footprint tracking – cutting greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrating the massive potential of Fintech (financial technology) for supporting sustainable development. By the end of January 2017, the approach had avoided 150,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions, thanks to the accumulation of small behavior changes, with much more to come.
Related Inquiry Publications
- Roadmap for a Sustainable Financial System
- New Rules for New Horizons
- Green Tagging: Mobilising Bank Finance for Energy Efficiency in Real Estate
- Establishing China’s Green Financial System: Progress Report
- Collaborative Initiative for Green Finance in Singapore