Mobilizing Sustainable Finance for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) contribute significantly to growth, employment, innovation and social cohesion across the G7. They are also a major driver of innovation for sustainable development. In order to accelerate the sustainability transition, further attention should be given to the financial needs of SMEs. To address this opportunity, Italy’s Ministry of Environment included the issue of how to improve access by SMEs to green and sustainable finance as part of its 2017 G7 programme. This report takes stock of existing activities in G7 countries, identifies a range of emerging lessons and suggests possible next steps for action by G7 countries. This report focuses on green and sustainable finance – in other words finance that delivers environmental benefits, within the context of the wider shift to sustainable development.
Related Inquiry Publications
- Accelerating Financial Centre Action on Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Insurance: The Emerging Agenda for Supervisors and Regulators
- Financial Centres for Sustainability
- Financing the Transition – How Financial System Reform Can Serve Sustainable Development
- Fintech and Sustainable Development – Assessing the Implications