Financial Centres for Sustainability
This report has been prepared as part of Italy’s G7 Environment programme to explore how financial centres can contribute to the delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement. It takes stock of the sustainability agenda that is emerging for financial centres, reviews current practice across leading centres in G7 countries and suggests priorities for further action. This report focuses on green and sustainable finance – in other words finance that delivers environmental benefits within the context of the wider transition to sustainable development.
The report finds that G7 and other countries could encourage their financial centres to develop strategies that scale up green and sustainable finance – including through international cooperation that would create “a race to the top”.
Related Inquiry Publications
- Sustainable Insurance: The Emerging Agenda for Supervisors and Regulators
- Mobilizing Sustainable Finance for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- A Review of International Financial Standards as They Relate to Sustainable Development
- Fintech and Sustainable Development – Assessing the Implications
- Financing Sustainable Development