Accelerating Financial Sector Action on Sustainable Development
Mobilizing the world’s financial centres is essential to make progress on climate change and sustainable development. The momentum towards a sustainable financial system is clear and yet insufficient to deliver the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The world’s financial centres now have a historic opportunity to help close this gap by accelerating the expansion of green and sustainable finance. They are the places where green and sustainable financial services will need to be scaled up across banking, capital markets, fintech, insurance and investment.
This report presents the case for strategic action by financial centres and introduces the new International Network of Financial Centres for Sustainability that was launched in Casablanca in September 2017.
By joining forces, the world’s leading financial centres can make a real difference – making the transition to sustainable finance cheaper, smoother and faster.
Related Inquiry Publications
- Fintech and Sustainable Development – Assessing the Implications
- Financing the Transition – How Financial System Reform Can Serve Sustainable Development
- The Financial System We Need: From Momentum to Transformation
- Greening the Financial System: Enhancing Competitiveness Through Economic Development
- The Financial System We Need: Aligning the Financial System with Sustainable Development