Policy Lever: Upgrading Governance
Measures to upgrade governance support the implementation of the other levers by integrating sustainability into the overall governance of the financial system.No Publications
ExamplesKey measures that could be taken include:
- Principles: Adopting principles for a sustainable financial system to guide policymaking.
- Policy & Legal Frameworks: Considering impacts on sustainability when developing and reviewing financial regulations, financial sector development plans, and legal frameworks.
- Roadmaps and plans: Developing long-term national strategies and roadmaps, supported by coordination mechanisms.
- Regulatory Mandates: Exploring the impact of sustainability factors for existing mandates of central banks and financial regulators and adjust where necessary.
- Performance Measurement: Developing a performance framework to assess and guide progress in developing sustainable financial systems.